Have you ever stumbled upon a product review or recommendation from someone that swayed your purchasing decision? Chances are, at some point of life you have. A content like a short video, Blog post review or a simple picture of a customer using the product. User Generated Content for SaaS business (UGC) can become a critical component for your marketing strategy if you are planning to take it to the next level.
The trend has also found its way towards Service as a Service businesses as well and is becoming game-changer for Business owners who are looking to connect with customers, build brand trust, and increase conversions.
In this blog post, we'll delve into what User Generated Content is, how it's becoming important for SaaS businesses, and the different ways you can leverage it in your business to drive sales, engagement, and outreach.
So what is User Generated Content (UGC)?
User Generated Content refers to any content created and shared by your customers or users of a brand, rather than the brand itself. This can be anything from product reviews, testimonials, social media posts, images, videos etc. UGC is a powerful way of effectively promoting your businesses as it provides an authentic, unfiltered perspective of their products and services, directly from the customers themselves.
There are many forms of UGC, and it can be leveraged in different ways by businesses. Here are some common examples:
- Product reviews and ratings: Ser reviews are displayed in advertisements and free product listings in the form of 1 to 5-star ratings, along with the total number of reviews for the product. These evaluations and reviews assist with product research and purchasing decisions, attracting more informed customers to your product pages.
- Testimonials: These are customer testimonials, usually in the form of short videos or written statements, that provide a personal and impactful endorsement of a brand's product or services.
- Social media posts: Customers also share their experiences with a brand's products or services on social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, or Twitter. This type of UGC helps businesses expand their reach through social media reach as social media applications have wide user base and brands can easily target their desired audience. and tap into the power of social proof.
User Generated Content for a SaaS business
UGC is a powerful way for SaaS businesses to build trust with their customers. When customers see real experiences and opinions from other users, they are more likely to trust the brand and its products. Infact, UGC encourages customer engagement and interaction with the brand.
When customers feel heard and valued, they are more likely to continue using the brand's products and services, and also recommend them in their social circle. Potential Customers are more likely make a purchase of your product if they occasionally see positive reviews and testimonials from other users, hence bringing more conversions and sales for your product.
Major businesses in software industry using UGC
Many leading SaaS businesses have leveraged the power of UGC to drive sales, engagement, and outreach. Here are some examples:
- Dropbox: Dropbox, a leading cloud storage and collaboration platform, uses UGC in the form of customer testimonials to showcase the value of their products. They feature customer stories on their website, highlighting how their products have helped individuals and businesses achieve their goals.
- Meteor: Meteor is an open-source JS framework used for rapid prototyping and cross-platform app development. They are running an Ambassador program which has members from their own community to generate User generated Content. With this, they are able to increase conversions on for their merchandise while increasing the outreach of their business.
Some interesting facts about User generated content in SaaS
Still not convinced? Here are some jaw dropping facts about UGC that will make you get up from your seat and begin integrating UGC in your marketing.
- According to Yotpo, across all industries, people who look or interact with UGC are converting 161% more than people who are not looking at UGC. (Yotpo)
- 92% of consumers trust recommendations from friends and colleagues more than any other form of advertising (Nielsen)
- User-generated content drives 6.9 times higher engagement than brand-generated content (TrackMaven)
- Including customer reviews on your website's page can increase conversions by 120.3% (PowerReviews)
Social media platforms for SaaS UGC campaigns
- YouTube: YouTube is the largest video sharing platform in the world, and it's a great place for businesses to showcase user-generated content in the form of product reviews, tutorials, and more.
- Facebook: Facebook is the largest social media platform in the world, and it's a great place for businesses to connect with customers and showcase user-generated content in the form of product reviews, testimonials, and more.
- TikTok: TikTok is a popular short-video platform that has become a hub for user-generated content, especially among younger generations. Businesses leverage TikTok to showcase their product reviews, tutorials, and more, in a fun and engaging way.
- Instagram: Instagram is a popular visual platform, and it's a great place for businesses to showcase user-generated content in the form of product reviews, testimonials, and more. Instagram also allows businesses to leverage hashtags to reach a larger audience.
What shall be your UGC mix?
Different social media platforms give priority to different types of content. For instance, Youtube is all about videos whereas Instagram is popularly known for Images. So, to make the most out of UGC, businesses should aim for a mix of three different types of content:
- Informative and educational UGC: This type of content focuses on showing how the product has helped customers achieve something. This could include product ratings and reviews, unboxing videos, and product samples. These types of posts are useful in demonstrating the value of the product and addressing any potential concerns that customers may have.
- Inspiring and entertaining UGC: This type of content showcases how the product has allowed customers to be who they want to be. This can include aspirational posts, contests, and promotions that align with brand-relevant lifestyle topics. These posts help build a strong emotional connection with the brand, and can help customers feel a sense of community and belonging.
- Conversion-focused UGC: This type of content is focused on promoting exclusive offers or promotions. This can include promo codes or other incentives that friends and family can redeem. These types of posts can drive sales and help increase customer loyalty.
In conclusion, creating a mix of UGC can help businesses increase user engagement and build trust in the brand. Saas Businesses should aim for a mix of informative, inspiring, and conversion-focused content to maximize the impact of their UGC strategy.
User Generated Content has become a powerful tool for SaaS businesses looking to connect with customers, build brand trust, and increase conversions. From service reviews and testimonials to social media posts, UGC is leveraged in many different ways to drive sales, engagement, and outreach.
If you're looking to leverage the power of UGC for your SaaS business, our Organic growth marketing services can give you head start from your competitors. From launching UGC marketing campaigns for your services to managing the users and content, Afleet saves you all the hassle with its comprehensive ambassador marketing software specially made for businesses who wants to leverage their users to grow their engagement and UGC.
So, what are you waiting for? Get started with Afleet and unleash the power of UGC for your SaaS business!